Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 30 •• June 25

     We just said our official goodbyes. I cried. Everyone here has become our family. I'm starting to dread Sunday coming as much as I'm waiting for it. I don't want to leave, yet I do. We presented for vespers tonight. Myself, Sarah, Reiss and Kevin performed a medley of How Great Is Our God / How Great Thou Art / Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone). James and River (with help) acted out a skit they wrote about their experience here at ISAM. It was hilarious. They did a fantastic job! Then we were all called up and Carolina & Pastor Nelson prayed for us. That's when I started to cry. Afterwards, Uncle Andy instructed us stand outside in the church foyer and hug everyone goodbye. I love these people. When I went back into the sanctuary to get my guitar and phone, a short meeting with the master guides was happening. It was about the expedition that happens this weekend. I stayed for it, but unfortunately I'm not going. I'm still sick, and just recently my knee started to act up (again!) I didn't attend school this morning because I awoke feeling terrible, so the dean sent the doctor to my room. Thankfully, she said it seems to be just a long lasting virus. (I've been feeling sick basically this entire trip.) 
     Anyhow, after the meeting, we talked with Uncle Andy. Kevin has arranged for me to get a senior jacket! But also, tomorrow there is the Science Fair and then we're hearing into town for lunch. We've each invited a ISAM student to join us. The Riveras leave tomorrow evening for Buenos Aires and we'll join them on Sunday at UAP (an Adventist university somewhat close to Buenos Aires).

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better Autumn....try some of their beloved mata weed...maybe that will get you over the hump! Thanks for posting and keeping us updated. Have a safe trip home. Blessings, pr

    ReplyDelete