Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 29 •• June 24

      I considered skipping classes today, with the excuse that I'm sick ... I'm glad I didn't. Today was the day that the seniors got their Letterman jackets. (Something you have you understand is, is that here they try to make any occasion an excuse for a party.) For the past while, they've been planning how to present the jackets. So they came up the idea to have a video contest. Each class made a video showing the class spirit towards the Argentinian World Cup fútbol team. They played the videos in the gym today. Each one was nice ... but when 5th's started playing there was a unique ending. A girl walked over to the group in the video with a trash bag. The seniors then turned and started to open the bag. That's when the video stopped. Then one of the teachers walked down the aisle with a similar black trash bag. He threw it up onto the stage at the front of the gym. A few seconds later two senior boys ran up to the stage and started to tear at the bag. That was our cue. Us seniors swarmed the stage shouting and throwing confetti. The jackets we distributed (unfortunately only half came in) and chaos reigned. After everyone calmed down, the 2nd grade (freshman) was crowned the winners of the video content and cake was enjoyed by 2 & 5. (Us seniors get included by default. Sorry Nicko!) 
     After lunch, a group of us gathered at the Rivera's apartment. Tomorrow we're supposed to present something at Wednesday night vespers. Myself, Sarah, Reiss and Kevin decided on performing How Great Is Our God. So we practiced at the music building until it was time for my Spanish class. After class, it was PE which I skipped due to my right knee and foot bothering me. Afterwards, we 4 gathered at the music building again to practice until supper. Tonight I skipped vespers. I'm feeling blahhh. Kinda like I did the first week I was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment