Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 13 •• June 8

     When we woke at 8 and went down to the cafe, Sarah and I found that we had missed breakfast. Delightful. Apparently, desayuno is served from 6:30-8 on Sundays. Thankfully, there were Adventures in the cafe, so we were able to steal some food from them. We were supposed to go play tennis (I would watch, of course) in the morning, but it was raining. So instead, I went up to the parque and helped with Pathfinders. During the drill time, I was introduced to a new form of marching. I'll try to film it next Sunday, as it's too confusing to attempt to explain. 
     After lunch (which was french fries and burgers) we attended Master Guide. There we got more info about the expedition we're to go on. It's legit! We'll be backpacking quite a ways... through rivers up to out chests, bushwhacking through the rainforest, and sleeping under the stars. I can't wait! It should be interesting, as almost none of the kids going have the proper gear, myself included. Our leader has everything needed to keep us safe, but from there, basically anything goes. We're backpacking the last weekend we're here; June 27-29th. 
     After the meeting, our leader explained it to use few in English. Right after that, us international students gathered at the library. Then 18 of us boarded a 14 passenger bus that took us to the San Ignacio Jesuit ruins. It was incredible! I'll post pictures in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment