Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 37 •• July 2

     The end is near. I'm on my last flight; Boston bound. 
    Anyhow, to pick up where I left off yesterday, we were on our 2nd flight (Lima to San Salvador). That went well. When we landed we thought we had an hour layover. But at that point, we had been enough that not much surprised us. Except for finding out that our flight was delayed by 5 hours. Seriously? Well, we can at least watch US vs. Belgium, we thought. >_< It was just one of those days.
    Anyhow, since we had to deal with the delay, the airline gave the passengers $120 credit. Which kinda makes it better. Kinda. We arrived in Dulles at 1:15am. Then we stood in line for customs for 45 minutes ... and then came the goodbyes. :'( 
    My aunt picked me up at the airport, so I was able to grab a few hours of sleep at their house before she brought me to the Baltimore airport. When I stepped inside my heart sank. There were people everywhere! When I finally got to check my bags (45 minutes later) the guy said that since I checked in late (only by a few minutes) my bags might not make the plane. So, we'll see. 

---- 

    I'm home. Got my bags without trouble, and Daddy picked me up soon after. Stopped by Chipotle on the way home (ha!) It's really nice to be back, but I'm starting to get homesick for ISAM. I suppose that's just the way it goes. ¡Chau!


No comments:

Post a Comment