Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 34 •• June 29

     We're in a car heading away from ISAM. Away from everything we've considered home for the past 4 weeks. Away from all the friends we made. It was hard saying goodbye. Really hard. 
    Yesterday was just a really chill day. It rained the entire time! We felt so bad for those out in the rainforest. Sabbath School, church service, lunch, nap time, supper... the norm. But after supper, (and sundown) Sarah and I joined Nico at Communications to watch The Matrix. I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before. Well, I'd seen parts, but not the whole movie. It was really great! Afterwards, I Skyped home... well "home" as in my family who are down at SVA at Campmeeting. That night Sarah and I slept over with the girls in room 10. We didn't go to sleep till 1am. But we had a great time! 
     After breakfast, I chilled and basically did nothing, as my roommates were sleeping in, therefore not allowing me to finish packing. For lunch, a bunch of us went to Ricchezza for "the last supper". We headed back to the school around 2pm, as that was when the Pathfinders were supposed to be back. But, no surprise, they didn't show. So I went to the dorm and packed up the last of my stuff. They arrived back around 3:30pm. Covered in mud, soaked to the bone, and how they stunk! Of course, Sarah got a nice big hug from River and some of the others. Oh how she loved that. (That last sentence was dripping with sarcasm.) After they all showered and changed clothes it was great to hear how it all went. While they still had an impressive trip, they did have to change their route, due to the excessive rain. 
     I hung out in the hall of the guy's dorm with Sarah and the others until supper time. (Attached to the dorm is the small gym and Sala Manga, so the hallway is usually open to whoever wants to play ping pong or just chill in the few large chair/couch like things.) 
     After supper I went up to my room to retrieve my bags. As I started down the stairs the goodbyes begun. Almost everyone turned out to see us off. It got really emotional. I'm going to miss everybody so so so so so much. Right now all I want is to go back to ISAM for a few more days. It's only been 20 minutes, but I miss everyone terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment