Friday, March 15, 2013

Meet the Family | We're weird...


Mom: "She had a brain tumor, in her head!"

Nana: "I got a two-foot yardstick for 50 cents!"

Dad: "I introduced my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law to Mrs. Johnson. 'But their not married.' I said. Mrs. J was like 'Ohh thats nice.' Then I said, 'Oh no no, there's another sister involved!!' "
(Daddy was running errands with Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Andrew; Uncle A is married to Aunt C's sister, Lisa; Aunt Cheryl and Aunt Lisa are my mother's sisters. Get it?)

Mom: "Where's my phone?"
*Hannah and I notice she's on it talking to Dad*
Us: "You're--"
Mom: "Girls, did one of you take it?!"
Us: "No, Mom, you're on--"
Mom: "Lijah, did you take it?!"
Us: "MOM, YOU'RE ON YOUR PHONE!"
Mom: >_<

*Dad upset about us playing games on his smartphone*: "You want to play Tetris? You can pack the car next time we go on vacation!"

Little Josiah wanted some M&Ms, but Aunt Lisa was saying no. So Daddy decided to teach him how to negotiate to his best advantage.

Daddy: "If you want 20, ask for 47; she'll settle in the middle."
Josiah: "Mummy can I have 47 M&Ms?"
Aunt Lisa: "No, no..."
Mom: "Lisa your brother-in-law is trying to teach your kid how to scam you!"
Daddy: "Try asking for ice cream."
Josiah: "Mummy can I have 47 scoops of ice cream?"
Mom: "Ron!!"
Daddy: "I'm trying to teach him how to negotiate; he'll use it later in life."


-Autumn Story Mott


No comments:

Post a Comment