Friday, April 19, 2013

Noah :: The World We Live In



Here's a quick recap of the past few days: 

Boston Marathon Bombing:   3 dead; 170+ injured
Texas Plant Explosion:          12 dead; 200+ injured
Ohio Basement Shooting:      4 dead

Okay, I know this may be wicked random, but is this was Noah went through?  The above list is just in the US alone.  I was scrolling though the NY Times reading headlines about other events happening around the world.  And the Bible says it's gonna get much worse!  Anyhow, back to Noah:

The Bible says in Genesis 6:5 

"Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (NLT)

From 9/11 to the Boston Marathon, mass tragedies are becoming a sad reality.  I hate to admit it, but when I first heard about the bombing, I wasn't that surprised.  I was (and still am) deeply saddened by these events, but they're unfortunately becoming more and more frequent. Thankfully, we know that God will never again allow a flood to wipe out the earth. Genesis 9:13-16  But how long will this last? When will He come and take us home to heaven?

I really don't have much more to say; I just wanted to leave this thought in your mind:

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6


No comments:

Post a Comment